Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to install a full central heating system.
I am planning to do most of the work my self and have a corgi-registered fitter in to install the boiler.
Are there any other parts of the system that require a registered person to install?
Also on another thread on this site I saw some one mention that it is now against building regulations to bury pipe work inside walls. Is this true as new houses that I have seen all seem to have the pipe work buried.

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Can't be
in the cavity of a cavity wall,
embedded in any wall or solid floor,
installed below a suspended or solid floor at ground level,

unless

located in an interior wall which is not a solid wall,
in a chase or duct with access
under a floor to which there is access.

When you say it can't be embedded in any solid wall dose that also include behind the plasterboard. If so how do you keep pipe work out of sight?
As the most sensible place for the rad's is on external walls.

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Behind a plasterboard wall is not embedded inside the wall -it is behind it. On external walls, connect from under the flooring.

Sorry I dot think I explained properly.
On the external walls of the house, between the breezeblocks and the plaster board there is about a 1-inch gap (Plaster board is attached by blobs of concrete).
Unfortunately all the ground floor floors are concrete.

Thanks
Dave

I have a new-ish house, and all the ground floor pipework is under the (wooden) floors, all the first floor pipework is under the floors, any vertical pipework between floors is surface mounted but is routed through cupboards or voids and some through the integral garage (well insulated) In the kitchen surface pipework is routed in the space behind the kitchen units. There is no
pipework actually buried, ie in solid plaster, brick or cement anywhere. Hope this helps.

Underfloor heating is a specially designed electric cable which is usually set in solid concrete floors, and works like a storage heater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back