New gas central heating system

Should remember that alot of top class plumbers were lost because they did not want to get involved with the politics/red tape/ and expense of corgi and gas safe, .
So true ;)

Sponsored Links
Did you know any Nige ;)
I often wonder whether some on here are actually interested in safety or just scared in case they are losing money out there pocket because its not unusual in the CC to see people talking about working out of scope without anything being said

Taken straight from Gas Safe website:-

"It is not acceptable for someone who is not Gas Safe registered to fit a gas appliance or do other gas work and then have the work checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Both parties would be breaking the law."

:eek:

There you go then......

But the gas regs state that you only need to be competent to work on gas, Doesn't say anything about GSr

HSE Inspector Simon Jones, said:

"All gas engineers must be members of Gas Safe Register by law so customers can be sure they are dealing with someone who is properly trained and qualified to do the job."

Clearly Core Safety plus appliances etc and registration with Gas Safe is the only way of proving competence by law these days.

Sponsored Links
HSE Inspector Simon Jones, said:

"All gas engineers must be members of Gas Safe Register by law so customers can be sure they are dealing with someone who is properly trained and qualified to do the job."

Clearly Core Safety plus appliances etc and registration with Gas Safe is the only way of proving competence by law these days.

There is no customer, there is no exchange of money going on.

Competency is through qualifications, not through the recognised body that polices the gas industry within the UK.

CCN1 + appliances is all that is needed for gas work within his own property.

There is no customer, there is no exchange of money going on.

Competency is through qualifications, not through the recognised body that polices the gas industry within the UK.

CCN1 + appliances is all that is needed for gas work within his own property.

I didn't make the rules, I just abide by them. I didn't say those things, the people that make the rules did. Opinions on who is competent and who isn't don't matter. Money changing hands doesn't matter. I haven't got a problem with the OP's competence, I haven't seen his work and so I'm not in a position to comment on it. However, it would seem the HSE and Gas Safe don't recognise the competence of unregistered installers. It would be up to you to prove your competence in court if you're unregistered and work on gas and they prosecute you. Whether it's your own house or not. It's nobody else's call but the OP's. And encouraging him to break the law could drop him in the ****. :eek:

But also Gas Safe will agree that its better for an RGI to commission a boiler regardless of whom fitted it.

What cannot be done though is to notify the installation unless all the required features have not been done yourself like, bracket, flue, gas supply and setting up the boiler!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back