central heating

In theory I agree, if the flow is the wrong way round it would slow the circulation.

Just another silly question, to ponder on.

Its not a one pipe system by any chance.

Sponsored Links
no i didn1t change the pipe work just took control handle off the trv and changed the flow on the spindle inside you can change it one way or the other. i would not go near the pipework as the system is only 4 days old as that would void the 1 year warranty by interferring with there work. just trying to rectify only if it something that is simple and sort straight forward. have tried a few of the ideas put forward and they help a bit now just three rad are only getting heat at top and down one side from flow to return all on same side of house.

not quite sure what you did with the head or handle of the TRV but the only way to switch flow would be by changing pipework round to radiators.

so did the rad which you took the TRV head off start working, eliminating the fact that its just TRV's shutting off???

Sponsored Links
on tvr there is a round knod with two arrows one pointing for flow in and 180 degrees round there is a second arrow for flow in the other direction but the flow two minutes ago was still coming in from the return, either way which ever you make the flow it is still entering from the return

hunter16a said:
on tvr there is a round knod with two arrows one pointing for flow in and 180 degrees round there is a second arrow for flow in the other direction but the flow two minutes ago was still coming in from the return, either way which ever you make the flow it is still entering from the return

You will need to alter the pipes around so the flow is the top pipe to the radiator.

FFs , the flow of the hot water into the rad is on the return TRV...;)

i think that will have be to left to the installer. will get in touch with them monday. shame as the have gone back to glasgow and i am on the isle of lewis [off the north west coast of scotland] and it is a ten hour haul including ferry.....anyway thanks for all the ideas at the very least i can tell the installer a few things that is not and maybe few things that it might be . i bet he will wonder where i got all the gen

hunter16a said:
to moz yes it would seem that is the case as it is the return pipe that gets hot first

Just to clarify the position.

The return should be the connection to the bottom of the radiators.

it may pay you to let it all get cold, then ID each radiator by checking which end gets hot first, before he gets there.

And are you one of the old people who lives there?

To the others, this is one of those "reversible TRVs" which the manufacturers sent us all a clear plastic sample so that we could see how it worked! Trouble is I cannot remember which make it is and still prefer Drayton TRV4s.

The inards of the TRV are reversed by the user/installer!

Tony

Agile said:
And are you one of the old people who lives there?

To the others, this is one of those "reversible TRVs" which the manufacturers sent us all a clear plastic sample so that we could see how it worked! Trouble is I cannot remember which make it is and still prefer Drayton TRV4s.

The inards of the TRV are reversed by the user/installer!

Tony

But their only any good if the rads are connected BBOE :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back