Ceramic Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having new worksurfaces installed and the existing hob will be replaced in the process. I intend to connect up the new one myself. I asume I need to disconnect from the hob end and reconnect the wires to the new hob. Looking in the documentation with the new hob, it shows two connections labelled L1 (live) going to two adjacent terminals. I am unsure if this means that both terminals have to be joined or that the cable can go to either, especiall as the cable should only have three connections in total ie L, N & E. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
With the information provided, difficult to tell. Either provide more specific detailed information of get in a pro...

It is quite normal for separate hobs to have two live connections as they are high power/current and can be wired to multiple phases/supplies. They need to be linked together and fed from the live conductor. A metal link may have been provided if you search and if not link the lives with a piece of conductor.
Make sure the cable and supply you have is sufficient for the hob current rating.

Thanks for the replies. BJS_Spark, I've looked more closely and you've explained what this 'Link' is that is shown in the wiring diagram and on looking at the actual link it is now obvious what it is for. Thanks again for confirming.

Sponsored Links
BJS_Spark said:
It is quite normal for separate hobs to have two live connections as they are high power/current and can be wired to multiple phases/supplies. They need to be linked together and fed from the live conductor. A metal link may have been provided if you search and if not link the lives with a piece of conductor.
Make sure the cable and supply you have is sufficient for the hob current rating.

hi luders, i am too fitting a ceramic hob (neff) pls let me no how u get on fitting those thick cables into those small connectors, especially when u have to double up. i await in a state of confussion!!! ta.

Just a word of advice, in case you care. All hobs are fixed appliances, and therefore the fitting and/or connecting of them is notifiable work which if carried out by an unregistered person needs to be notified to LABC in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back