Chaffoteux Maury Combi 80 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a C & M Combi 80 boiler which has stopped working. When the hot tap is turned on the pump/fan runs but the boiler does not light. If I remove the case and then remove the inner sealed cover the boiler will light. As soon as I replace the sealed cover the flames go out.

Has anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Many Thanks.

Simon.

Sponsored Links
air pressure switch I should imagine, but a corgi job especially when you are breaking seals.

Thanks.

How much does a pressure switch cost?? Approx..

I think its made by Huba.

simon.

Sponsored Links
Someone at work tells me they had a similar problem with thier boiler (not same make) and it was the venturi that was blocked. Is this possible/probable?

They said that they removed it and cleaned it out and it was fine after that.

Simon.

It might even be a slight blockage in one of the tubes leading to switch or where they connect to flue which is quite common on the chaff (doesn`t take much)

or a dirty heat exchanger, or a fading fan, or the pcb. That is why you need to get a heating engineer in, aside from the safety aspect you will probably end up just throwing parts at it only to find it could have been sorted for a fraction of the cost.

OK. Thanks everyone. Heating engineer it is.

Will let you know the outcome.

:D

Problem solved......

Traced to a small piece of debris in the Venturi.

Removed that and hey presto .... back in business.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

Simon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back