Changing and teeing into Flow & return pipe

There's a lot of reasons it may not be as you/we say, the pump could be on the return for example.

Pictures or an as fitted drawing, or you need to trust the plumber on-site, not everyone is a cowboy, even if there is a load of greenhorns in town.

Sponsored Links
There's a lot of reasons it may not be as you/we say, the pump could be on the return for example.

Pictures or an as fitted drawing, or you need to trust the plumber on-site, not everyone is a cowboy, even if there is a load of greenhorns in town.

Cheers Do It all. I'll get some piccys and stuff this eve. :)

I do understand that not everyone is a cowboy but the issues I had with the guys who installed this led me to believe that they weren't completely competent. Unfortunately I had no choice in who to use as it was handled by the company we were buying the house off.

Most plumbers i now speak to just advise me that i should rip the system out and install a combi which we can't really afford all the hassle and money. This is why I'm trying to get a better understanding of the system to stop me being fobbed off.

Think i need to find myself an oldschool plumber who isnt scared of open vented systems.

That is another problem with modern heating guys, they only know how to chuck a combi on the wall and run.

Saying that in the right place they are brilliant.

Sponsored Links
As promised.

I hope it makes sense this is all situated up in the loft.

Now from what i can see the pump (which is by the boiler on the ground floor) is on the flow pipe directly after the boiler. However if I'm wrong and its on the return would that be ok?

If it is on the flow is this what could be causing me to get loads of air in the system?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17726312/IMG_20130110_210433.jpg

Wheres the pump gone. it should be in the pic between the cold feed to the MVs

Can you post a pic showing the boiler and pump then please.

Pump should be on the flow before the motorised valves but after the cold fEed and. there should be a bypass after the pump and before the M V's too

Pump should be on the flow before the motorised valves but after the cold fEed and. there should be a bypass after the pump and before the M V's too

I think there is a by-pass if you look closely, not sure about a valve though.

Hi all sorry for the delay on this . from what I can see the pump is on the flow. I come to this conclusion as it's the pipe that heats up first. I'm not sure the picture will prove anything unless you know which pipe is flow and which is return on an alpha cd24r boiler.

IMG_20130226_223555.jpg
[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back