Changing and teeing into Flow & return pipe

Sponsored Links
OK think today will consist of working out what the total btu of the rads I have is. They are pretty big things so I guess this could be another problem faced.

Cheers

Just done a quick estimate based on this page... (http://www.pipecasings.co.uk/downloads/download%20files/Radiator%20Output%20Calculator.pdf)

...and come up with a total of 17819w not including the little towel radiator in the bathroom as i wasn't sure how to work that one out, and the water tank in the loft for the same reason.

Room Output Watts
Small Bedroom 1857
Middle Bedroom 1597
Main Bedroom 2613
Hallway 3342
Living room 2979
Kitchen 2460
Bathroom ?????
Water Cylinder ?????
My downstairs room 2971
Total 17819

I take it the further the pipe has to travel to this figure will be seriously lowered even more?

The distance just looking at length and height from boiler to loft where valves and water cylinder are is nearly 9m across and 6m up. then you have to take into account the actual route it has to take so probably further.

Here's one for you to ...

When there is no call from the cylinder stat but there is from the room stat (rads on) the return pipe coming from the cylinder (near the boiler before tees into tyhe CH return pipe) is red hot. To me that means there is more hot water going round the bypass then there is round the rad circuit? Am I thinking along the right lines, is that normal?

I'm sorry to be asking so many questions but having paid out money to more than one plumber who doesn't seem to take as much interest as I do, i just really want to get a good understanding of my own system for when i eventually give up and call someone in. :) I don't want the wool pulling over my eyes again.

I'm so grateful to all of you for your help, its very very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Replace it with an ABV and adjust it correctly.

Of course this is a small part of the work required to arrange your system as it should be...!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back