changing from pullswitch for shower in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to change from pullswitch in bathroom for electric shower to a wall switch outside bathroom. how difficult would this be? can i add on extra cable or do i have to run new cables? ( guys i might sound like a diy dick but ask me anything about suspended ceiling and partition installation and il tell you. just sparkying aint my thing) thanks

Sponsored Links
The mechanics of doing it would be simple, but notifying it to building control would be a major cost. Why do you want to?

the pullcord is now in the corner where the new shower cubicle is going. just thought if its got to be moved i might aswl put it outside the room. i suppose i could just move it to another corner. if the cables arent long enough can i just extend them and if i can how do i do it? connector blocks?

No, dont use connector blocks. If the cables aren't long enough, replace them.

I take it you understand about notifying to your local building control for work in a special location (bathroom, kitchen, outdoors) if you live in England and Wales.

Sponsored Links
sparkying aint my thing
Then you shouldn't be doing it, at any rate not until it is more your thing.

It's clear from your collection of posts that you're asking random questions as you're going along, doing work, as and when they occur to you.

That is not the way to learn everything that you need to know in order to be safe to do the work. What happens if you don't ask about something important because you have absolutely no idea that it exists and absolutely no idea that you don't know it?

There's no reason whatsoever to suspect that you wouldn't be able to learn what you need, but you aren't going about it the right way and you aren't yet at the stage where you do know enough.

I urge you to get an electrician to do the electrical work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back