Changing Ligh Fixtures In Kitchen

try and trace
where the white twin and earth cable goes (could go to the switch)
where the green/yellow, blue and the red-or-brown-whatever-it-may-be wire goes. i'm not clear if this is to be connected up or not. try and work out what it's for (outside light, loft light, tv booster, nothing at all, who knows).

The white does go to the switch from what I can see, I have a feeling that the ther one may be the plug socket somehow, all the other cables have a grey coat around them so its hard to trace them..

Sponsored Links
first light...

all the blacks in the neutral..
4 reds into a seperate block ( 3 with the blacks and one of the reds from the twin red.. )
remaining red into the L of the light..
earths to the earth..

second light..

black from the grey wire to the neutral of the light.
both reds together in a seperate block.
black from the light grey cable to the L of the light ( put some red tape / sleeving on it.. )
earths to earth..

ok

1st light
connect one red of the cable with two reds to the L on the light fitting

connect all remaining reds together in a separate connector block

connect all blacks to N on the light fitting

connect all earths together and to fitting if necessary.

2nd light
connect black of white cable to L on the light fitting (sleeve the black wire with red tape to show it is live).

connect black of grey cable to N on the light fitting

connect two reds together in a separate connector block

connect both earths together and to fitting if necessary.

make safe the the spare cable. terminate in blocks, tape up and try to identify what it is.

I just said all of that..
and what spare cable?
I see no spare cable..

loop in, loop out, what used to be the switch link to the other light but is now the live feed to it ( at a guess they split it and added a second switch position to control both seperately ), anda switch wire..

at the second light is a live feed and the switch wire..

Sponsored Links
I just said all of that..
and what spare cable?
I see no spare cable..

loop in, loop out, what used to be the switch link to the other light but is now the live feed to it ( at a guess they split it and added a second switch position to control both seperately ), anda switch wire..

at the second light is a live feed and the switch wire..

yes i know you said all that. you beat me to it again. :D

he says there is a spare cable at the 2nd light in the first message.
you can see a bit of it in the picture. looks like flex.
no one seems sure if was connected or not...

What's the rating of the fuse/MCB for that circuit?

Is there a label on the CU saying what the circuit is?

Just wondering if it's lighting on a socket circuit, rather than the other way around....

I have now sorted it all i have figured out where they all go. all lights and sockets now working xD

Thanks everyone who helped =]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back