Changing use of a conservatroy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a conservatory that i want to remove one front window side and then i can fit a door so i can use it to build a car, kit car type. It has plannin permission and has a external door joining the house to it.

Do you think i will have to get planning to use it in this way?

Sponsored Links
It is no concern of Manchester City Council what you do in your conservatory, as long as you don't use it for running a business.

(I use the patio doors to get the car into the dining area so that I can service it in comfort. We also entertain guests in the space under the stairs, and regularly hold 'Come Dine with Me' meals in the bathroom; none of this is the council's business).

Sponsored Links
So if i keep the con`y as it is with the windows and just fit a garage door i will be fine.
BUT what if i change the roof to a full solid rood as con`ys need a 75% transparent roof.

So if i keep the con`y as it is with the windows and just fit a garage door i will be fine.
BUT what if i change the roof to a full solid rood as con`ys need a 75% transparent roof.

As long as you maintain the existing separation from the main house (ie keep the door opening) you'll be fine.

Thanks Tony, yes i will be keeping the same foot print and use the same external dividing door to the house, just making a solid ply GRP/roof as it is leaking.
thanks kida

wayne

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back