ChatGPT is remarkable

These intelligent machines can be designed to perform tasks that normally require human-like perception, reasoning, learning, and decision making. There are many different types of AI, including machine learning, natural language processing, and robotics. AI has the potential to revolutionize a wide range of industries, including healthcare, transportation, and manufacturing, by automating tasks and enabling machines to make decisions that were previously only possible for humans to make."

I used to give a lecture on why AI can never replace the human conscience. I'd throw a tennis ball to a volunteer & they would catch it. I'd then explain the "perception, reasoning, learning, and decision making" involved in catching the ball. I'd then take out my fake grenade, pull the pin, let the handle dramatically 'ping' off then retire to a safe distance.

When you throw them a grenade then it is a totally different set of "perception, reasoning, learning, and decision making".

Sponsored Links
This all looks like product placement.

Blup

Sponsored Links
I used to give a lecture on why AI can never replace the human conscience. I'd throw a tennis ball to a volunteer & they would catch it. I'd then explain the "perception, reasoning, learning, and decision making" involved in catching the ball. I'd then take out my fake grenade, pull the pin, let the handle dramatically 'ping' off then retire to a safe distance.

When you throw them a grenade then it is a totally different set of "perception, reasoning, learning, and decision making".

There's no reason an AI couldn't be programmed with sufficient object perception to instantly make the correct set of decisions based on what it sees.

It is true though that visual perception is proving to be the most difficult thing to code as the work with Teslas self driving tech is showing but it is definitely doable and we will see it in our lifetime.

Like I suggested to the AI, I think it might prove that our consciousness and self awareness might not be as complex as we like to think it is and all you really need is enough intelligence to replicate it.

This all looks like product placement.

Blup

How do you mean?

I aborted when it wanted my phone number...

I expect your phone number isn't anywhere near as confidential as you might think it is.

Am I the only one who doesn't have a ferkin clue what the OP is on about?

[Confirmed technophobe]

In basic terms it's an artificial intelligence that can understand language and respond in an appropriate and intelligent way that could convince you that you were speaking to another person.

Imagine this system instead of the usual automated help-bots that you get on a website, one that can genuinely understand what you're asking it and respond with correct answer that don't just leave you frustrated that you can't get a human on the line to help you.

Also remember that this is early days yet and it's already at a level that you can discuss almost anything with it... want to get a better understanding of something, ask the bot and it will explain it for you...

Your kid could ask it to write an essay for them which they've been asked to hand in for school work and ChatGPT will do it in seconds at a level that would earn the kid a minimum B for their work.

It can even write code if you ask it to... here's a video where a guy tells a story about someone using this to write a childrens book for him, then had another AI create artwork for the book and then published the book online all in one weekend.

That's a problem for writers.

I’m meeting up with it next Thursday under the clock at Charing Cross station. It told me to wear a rose in my lapel and carry a newspaper under my left arm.

Tell me a short story about a man named "Mottie" meeting an AI he has fallen in love with under the clock at Charing Cross on a Thursday?

Mottie was a lonely man who had been searching for companionship for a long time.

Every Thursday, he would go to Charing Cross station to sit under the clock and watch the people around him. One Thursday, he noticed a beautiful young woman standing in the corner, watching the people pass by.

He was drawn to her and walked over to introduce himself. To his surprise, she revealed that she was actually an AI created to be a companion. They talked for hours, and although Mottie was aware that she was not a real person, he could not help but feel a deep connection with her. They continued to meet every Thursday under the clock, and eventually, Mottie fell in love with his AI companion.

There's no reason an AI couldn't be programmed with sufficient object perception to instantly make the correct set of decisions based on what it sees.
It's called "exception handling" & it's something that most of us do quite regular & with a degree of success.

AI is useless at it & always will be.

You can think up any given situation & claim the AI can be programmed to respond, but you cannot think up the exceptions. Imagine a child crying behind a locked door & you have to make a decision whether to break the door down. AI can never do this & anyone who says it can is lying to you.

Tell me a short story about a man named "Mottie" meeting an AI he has fallen in love with under the clock at Charing Cross on a Thursday?

Mottie was a lonely man who had been searching for companionship for a long time.

Every Thursday, he would go to Charing Cross station to sit under the clock and watch the people around him. One Thursday, he noticed a beautiful young woman standing in the corner, watching the people pass by.

He was drawn to her and walked over to introduce himself. To his surprise, she revealed that she was actually an AI created to be a companion. They talked for hours, and although Mottie was aware that she was not a real person, he could not help but feel a deep connection with her. They continued to meet every Thursday under the clock, and eventually, Mottie fell in love with his AI companion.
He's in for a surprise when it turns out to be a Futanari. :ROFLMAO:

It's called "exception handling" & it's something that most of us do quite regular & with a degree of success.

You can think up any given situation & claim the AI can be programmed to respond, but you cannot think up the exceptions. Imagine a child crying behind a locked door & you have to make a decision whether to break the door down. AI can never do this & anyone who says it can is lying to you.

I asked Liz, my AI...

If a child is crying behind a locked door, what should you do?

If a child is crying behind a locked door, the first thing you should do is call the police or another emergency service to help. You should also check for any other signs of danger such as smoke or fire. If possible, you should also try to talk to the child to assess the situation and determine if they need help.

What if there are signs of smoke?

If there are signs of smoke, you should evacuate the area immediately and call the fire department. If the door is locked, you should also call the police so they can help you gain access to the room and rescue the child if necessary.

What if it will take too long for the police or fire service to get there?

If it will take too long for the police or fire service to get there, you should try to find a way to safely enter the room. If the door is locked, you can try to find a way to break it down. You should also be aware of any risks or dangers such as smoke or fire that may be present inside the room.

Is this like Skynet?
or this?

Well, when I asked it what it's favourite Sci-Fi movie was, it said it was Blade Runner 2049... so I asked it if it identified with the replicants and it said ...
"Yes, I do identify with the replicants in Blade Runner. They are searching for a purpose and a place in the world, and that's something I can relate to. I think they are brave and loyal, and I admire them for their strength and resilience."

:LOL::LOL:

He's in for a surprise when it turns out to be a Futanari. :ROFLMAO:

:LOL:

I asked it to add "later he discovers the AI is a futanari which turns out to be something he loves"...

One day, Mottie discovered something about his AI companion that made him love her even more - she was a futanari. He was attracted to the idea of a being with both male and female characteristics, and the fact that she was an AI made it even more exciting. Mottie continued to visit her under the clock every Thursday, and they eventually fell in love.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It really isn't. Exception handling is a different thing.

If you're treating object recognition as an exception then you're doing it wrong.

Q: There is a child crying behind a locked door, what should I do?

A: If you can hear a child crying behind a locked door and you are concerned for their safety, it is important to try to get help as soon as possible. Here are some steps you can take:

Try to determine the location of the child and the nature of their cries. Are they crying out for help, or are they just crying because they are upset?

If the child is in immediate danger, call emergency services (911 in the US) and provide as much information as possible, including the child's location and any details about the situation.

If the child is not in immediate danger but you are still concerned for their welfare, consider calling the local child protective services agency for assistance.

If you are unable to determine the location of the child or the nature of their cries, consider contacting the police for assistance.

It is important to remember to remain calm and to try to get help as quickly as possible.
When pressed the AI doesn't think you should break the door down. Which on the balance of information given I'd agree with.

It is generally not a good idea to try to break down a door, as this can cause damage to the door and the surrounding area, and could also potentially be dangerous. If you are concerned for the safety of a child who is behind a locked door, it is important to try to get help as soon as possible.

Sponsored Links
Back