ChatGPT is remarkable

I guess the algorithm is similar here except the AI is drawing on the internet for resources to formulate its replies,

As does Alexa.
you can still tell it's a bot you're talking to but only really because the replies have certain structure to them and the speed at which it replies ... which is far too fast for a human to type up.
Like Alexa, but Alexa manages to interpret the spoken word, and answer in the same mode.

I was generally impressed with Alexas capabilities, but it is fairly easy to catch it out.

Sponsored Links
As does Alexa.

Like Alexa, but Alexa manages to interpret the spoken word, and answer in the same mode.

I was generally impressed with Alexas capabilities, but it is fairly easy to catch it out.

Alexa is fine for the most part but it's nowhere near the level of ChatGPTs capabilities in understanding language and responding appropriately. It's very easy to stump Alexa with a question for example... this AI connected to some text to speech plus speech to text software would make Alexa look like childs play.

I guess the algorithm is similar here except the AI is drawing on the internet for resources to formulate its replies
Although the datasets (it was trained with) were based on information from the internet - it is not actively using the internet to formulate it's replies (that's why it can't tell you what the weather is like, etc.). Depending on the language it's using (and I've tried some Welsh and French), the language model can be as large as several terabytes.
So currently it is a closed system, it has limited information about events since 2021 - and interestingly for an AI system, it is not still learning - inevitably information from this stage will feed back to the developers, but the language model that it is using is static.

....at least this is what it has told me so far! :)

Last edited:
this AI connected to some text to speech plus speech to text software would make Alexa look like childs play

How far away are we from being able to have a natural verbal conversation with something like this?

Sponsored Links
This. With most things, we learn during our formative years and beyond. I don't see why software won't become increasingly capable of doing the same.

Learning not through doing though, something I said an AI android would struggle to do, unless it can self-determine, and "choose" what it wants to do.

Can't get part quoting of a post right..........

Blup

Last edited:
I see a proposed use is in Customer Relations. Hopefully it could improve on the standard replies/explanations trotted out by human employees in geographically remote centres.

always will be
And 640K ought to be enough for anybody

(Bill didn't say that, but he did say "We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten.")

Nick Cave has dissected a song produced by the viral chatbot software ChatGPT “written in the style of Nick Cave”, calling it “bullshit” and “a grotesque mockery of what it is to be human”.

@theGuardian

No matter what the boffins do with AI it will never have the intangible element that makes us human: a soul.

...You may choose to believe, or not; this is a story from The Mail, after all!

Looking for any excuse, she would've found it: tarot cards; tea leaves or a magic 8-ball.

I don't believe it: any self-respecting woman would have already gathered with any number of her friends to discuss it anyway ;)

I've just had this interaction with ChatGPT...
I think it's trolling me! :)

Screenshot_20230505-232802_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back