cheap SDS+

Sponsored Links
i have one of those john and i only got it cos of the chisel action. it is very heavy to hold but it works well. its the one where you take off that cover on the top (4 screws) and chuck in some lithium grease every 5 hours(tubes from toolstation). lots of attachments, value for money but cos of the weight im glad i have my bosch for normal day to day stuff

where does the grease go? yours must be full by now.

Personally I'd look for something a bit smaller. A 2kg SDS drill will be fine for DIY use. I have a 2kg bosch one and a 24V battery one, and I've never needed another drill in the last few years (apart from diamond coring but that requires a dedicated drill anyway)

Could you stretch your budget to something like this?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-erb241e-2kg-sds-plus-drill-240v/85174

Sponsored Links
well that's odd... the more powerful one is cheaper.

I'd still go the 2Kg route based on the tasks you listed.

The Titan size and weight would put you off wanting to use it. Besides, at 8J impact, you want to drill the hole, not knock the bit through.

As above - that Titan thing is far too heavy, and 8J will lead to all kinds of destruction and damage.

A Hitachi DH24PC3 (2.4kg and 3.2J) can be had for around £100, and that is more than capable of knocking bricks out of a wall and into the next room.

The big one is more of a mini-breaker than a drill.

There are several models of Bosch SDS+ which can be had for around £100-120 if you shop around. They're liable to last you a lifetime.

well john if you look on the top of the drill there is a black cover and the grease goes in there every five hours of use of the drill, but if you can hold it in use for five minutes you are a strong man indeed, its a heavy piece of kit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back