Cheapest method for partitioning a box trailer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a 45' box trailer that I wish to turn into roms for living in. The problem is that ply wood is so expencive that it would make it the cost of what the trailers worth to put up walls inside of it. So any idease please?

Thnaks

Sponsored Links
Scrap pallet wood is all the rage these days - staggered, double sided to cover the gaps - they won't be full height, normally about 1.2m but if you stagger vertically as well they might be rigid enough without additional studwork.

2 x 1 framing with tar paper stapled both sides. It worked in WWII. But then there was a war on at the time. I have seen 2 x 1 softwood framing clad with painted hardboard in the past, but it's a really cheap and nasty solution

Scrap pallet wood is all the rage these days - staggered, double sided to cover the gaps - they won't be full height, normally about 1.2m but if you stagger vertically as well they might be rigid enough without additional studwork.
you cant be serius right!

Sponsored Links
I have seen 2 x 1 softwood framing clad with painted hardboard in the past, but it's a really cheap and nasty solution
softwood framing clad the same as framing you mentioned before is it?
How thick is the hardboard?

Chhers

I think you need to be a lot clearer about what you want to achieve?
Partition would normally be plasterboard why did you consider ply suitable?

I think you need to be a lot clearer about what you want to achieve?
Partition would normally be plasterboard why did you consider ply suitable?
Because its a portable trailer; know its cheep but dose plasterboard not crack up or something when moved?

you cant be serius right!
You asked for cheap, pallet can be obtained for free apart from having to collect it, with a little work it's OK to be used as an internal cladding, google it, it's not so unusual. Though some of it can be pretty rough so there is degree of wastage.

You asked for cheap, pallet can be obtained for free apart from having to collect it, with a little work it's OK to be used as an internal cladding, google it, it's not so unusual. Though some of it can be pretty rough so there is degree of wastage.
Quite common to use pallet timber.
My last bedroom with pallet feature wall .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back