Chelsea & City fans booing the Knee

Everyone else has.

If it goes some way to reduce the constant dribbling of racist, and other bigoted comments on here, then job done.

Sadly, some of those who claim to be ignoring me, persist with their promotion of racial hatred and division.
Others seek to discredit anti-racists posters on here with their pathetic allegations, and abuse, etc.
Still others try their hardest to discredit organisations such as BLM, MOBO, anti-racist politicians and stars, etc in obvious bigoted attacks.

They now excuse their bigotry as trolling, which suggests that they are liars, on two issues, their claim to be merely trolling when their bigotry was even more pronounced prior to my arrival, and their claim to be ignoring me. Why would they be trolling if they can't see my responses? That's just weird. But then most bigotry is just weird.

Bigotry is taught to children from an early age by their parents and peers. It becomes so endemic in their nature that they try to infuse others with their bigotry. Sometimes, they believe their own bigotry so deeply that they resort to discrediting anyone who objects to their innate bigotry.
If bigotry was a religion, we'd call them religious fundamentalists and radicals.

But I will draw a distinction between unconscious bias, and downright intentional bigotry.
For instance, if someone's experience of a person, or a small group of people, is an unfortunate experience, and they then ascribe that character/experience to the whole ethnic/gender/sexual/religious group, it could be unconscious bias or intentional bigotry, but it's bigotry none the less.

Another example, if someone ascribes a characteristic to a famous French person, say Macron, then that's acceptable criticism of one individual, but if they then ascribe an unwarranted characteristic to the whole ethnic group, on no evidence whatsoever, that's intentional racism. They may try to excuse it as trolling, but it's racism none the less.
Similarly, if I criticise Boris, I criticise Boris, perhaps as a bumbling idiot. That's a fair criticism. If I was to ascribe that characteristic to the whole British ethnic group, that would be racism. So I don't. It really is very simple.

TBH, I am amazed that I find the need to explain this. Probably, supposedly, the worst offenders, the ones that need it explaining, claim to be ignoring me.

Sponsored Links
Than of course there was that Columbian player who made a mistake in a World Cup game via a
Back pass to his keeper

Columbia lost the match and were out the tournament

player went back home

he was shot / murdered out side a cafe

Sponsored Links
Opposed to it for reasons which they can articulate and expound the logic of?

Or opposed to it in a way which makes them join a mob shouting it down in a racist endeavour?

How many people of colour were there in the group you were cheering on as they expressed their disapproval of the idea that people should protest about racially motivated killings by the police?

Chelsea fans deface statue:

E2rK47fXwAIVTmt

Where is the vocal outrage from the right-wing culture warriors? If that graffiti had been done by a ‘woke’ protester, the far-right would have been all over this like a rash.

I don't think football is doing enough to combat racism. It's doing a lot more than it historically did, however still not enough. Having said that, I think the longer taking the knee goes on, the more chance the message has of becoming diluted.

Mind you, I do wonder how many brain cells the average football supporter has. They seem to shout racist stuff at black players of the opposing team when they have black players in their own team. Or they shout racist stuff at black players of their own team e.g. if they miss a goal.

Its true that they could do a lot more. Referees could be much more prepared to abandon matches if the crowd shows racism. If its the supporters of Dribblehampton United and not their opponents, their opponents are awarded the points. Dribblehampton could have their next x games cancelled, points going to their opponents. Dribblehampton could be made to play their next x games with no supporters present. Dribblehamptons sponsors could cut ties, remove funding, and sue for reputational damage. The broadcasters/authorities could deny Dribblehampton their share of TV revenues, and sue for repayment of those already made.

In short, clubs with racist supporters could be shut down.

But as football is no longer about sport and fair play, and is just a money making business, itll never happen.

Chelsea fans deface statue:

E2rK47fXwAIVTmt

Where is the vocal outrage from the right-wing culture warriors? If that graffiti had been done by a ‘woke’ protester, the far-right would have been all over this like a rash.

Tony Banks was a Chelsea Supporter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think football is doing enough to combat racism. It's doing a lot more than it historically did, however still not enough. Having said that, I think the longer taking the knee goes on, the more chance the message has of becoming diluted.

Mind you, I do wonder how many brain cells the average football supporter has. They seem to shout racist stuff at black players of the opposing team when they have black players in their own team. Or they shout racist stuff at black players of their own team e.g. if they miss a goal.

There's plenty of idiots who see their black players as theirs......

Paul Canoville Chelsea's 1st biack player was slaughtered by around 10000 Chelsea fans at Cambridge in about 1983...... he says in his book that fans apologise to him because they were part of the abuse..... I would love to meet the man to tell him; as a 16 17 year old cried at the abuse he got that day.

Cantonna had abuse hurled at him and he lept the barrier and booted the bloke :)

clough gave a couple of pitch invaders a right hook :)

jack Charlton was restrained by plod when he was the Irish manager or he would have laid a couple of pitch invaders out :) during an
abandoned England v Ireland game in Dublin

Sponsored Links
Back