Children should pay for their own education - Get them self reliant early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It tells us that you can tell which person has a degree and which has just a GCSE

And that you can't think of an explanation why that isn't "comparing education levels?"

I suspect the correlation between voting intention and "education" simply reflects the correlation with age, combined with the fact that everyone goes to university now.

There is a common insinuation, that those who with more "right wing" views are stupid bigots with no qualifications who form their opinions on the basis of disliking foreigners while those who support so called progressive causes are lofty intellectuals whose worldly views and rational analysis lead them to these views.

Of course this is complete nonsense. There's nothing about having a degree in window cleaning gives you great political or economic insight, and there is much about decades of life experience which will make people wary of progressive politicians making bold promises. The young have pretty much always been more drawn to these causes and movements while older people have been more cautious. The fact that we now give 50%+ of school leavers degrees does not add any weight to their political opinions.

Sponsored Links
How many people left school in the 1950s went to college 16-18 full time vs today. It’s utterly bonkers to try to make a comparison.

A legitimate comparison might be a breakdown by age group and education level.

I thought 'O' level preceeded GCSE
Nope...

Both CSE and 'O' levels preceded GCSE's, and they were amalgamated to form a single qualification starting in 1988...

People were unfairly thought of as 'thickos' for taking the former, hence the welcome change.

Nope...

Both CSE and 'O' levels preceded GCSE's, and they were amalgamated to form a single qualification starting in 1988...

People were unfairly thought of as 'thickos' for taking the former, hence the welcome change.

So in other words I am right (y)

I am also right

Less right, 'O' levels covered a larger period of time, more people did them, so more of the electorate will have them :mrgreen:

I dont know maybe you did a city and guilds in plumbing...if you failed it, that might explain your hatred of plumbers

The row is entitled "GCSE and below"
ignorant notch is unaware that only CSE can be accurately described as "GCSE and below"

But precision and accuracy have never been his strong points.

So in other words I am right (y)
Nope...

You were partially right.

Although given your spelling ability, I think we can take a guess at which one of the qualifications that preceded GCSE's you should have been allowed to take.

5/10 notchy...

Brain half empty :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back