Children should pay for their own education - Get them self reliant early

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSE can be accurately described as "GCSE and below"

But precision and accuracy have never been his strong points.

Oh dear it seems JohnD is admitting he has posted a bar chart that misses out a massive qualification type.

Perhaps he would like to show a graph of how the numbers of university places has increased over that period. All those children of plumbers have now probably graduated with a degree in golf course management.

Sponsored Links
I am also right...

except when you say
Less educated people are more likely to vote tory

and post a silly graph to back it up. Then you are as wrong as a very confused wrong person who got out of bed on the wrong side.

I note you didn’t post their latest voting intention poll. No doubt all the less well educated have been phoned up by yougov again.

Sponsored Links
Stupid graph. Doesn't take account of age,demographic, distribution or specific policy. I didn't need my degree to spot that.

Old people are less likely to have a degree as participation was much lower when they were young.
Young people are saddled with University debt and will be drawn to policies that help them.

The graph suggests that conservative voters are less well educated than labour. Break it down by age and lets see.

Did anyone actually read the article?

In last week’s vote, while the Conservatives’ support decreases the more educated a voter is, the opposite was true for Labour and the Lib Dems.

Amongst those with low educational qualifications (defined as GCSE or equivalent or below) the Conservatives beat Labour by 22%.

If you look at the other graphs - older people voted overwhelmingly for Tories.

This only proves correlation and not causation.

I read it - and the text cannot be argued based on the data for reasons already pointed out.
Its like saying labour voters have better eye sight, because our survey says fewer labour voter wear glasses. Then there is the whole comparison with routes to education for those working 20 or 30 years ago. I don't have data, but I suspect in the 1980s, more Chartered Engineers gained their status through apprenticeship, accreditation and exams, than those who accessed via a degree.

Student numbers have doubled in the last 25 years. The data needs to be normalised, you don't need a degree in maths to work that out. You either take a slice by Age or you adjust for the increase in education levels over time.

The real issue here - is that demand for school places is not being backed up by funding and schools are having to increase their efforts to raise money - If that is actually true.

do you wish to claim otherwise?
Lets see the data. based on this https://yougov.co.uk/news/categories/voting-intention/

I reckon there is no difference at all, when you compare apples with apples.

Last edited:
The simple fact is that

Less educated people are more likely to vote tory.

Which is what I said.

You might not like it.

You might try to think of reasons or excuses.

I can see it makes you uncomfortable.

But it's true and you can't deny it.

The simple fact is that

The simple fact is that you have shown a meaningless statistic.

Which is true and you cant deny it

Oh and if Labour are so clever, how come they arent in power :ROFLMAO:

That's it.

I read it - and the text cannot be argued based on the data for reasons already pointed out.
Its like saying labour voters have better eye sight, because our survey says fewer labour voter wear glasses.
It is probably true that Labour voters have better eyesight, when you think of the ages of the voters, it makes sense. :whistle:
It is a simple deduction from known variables.

That's it.

Ah bless JohnD is so desperate to believe Labour voters are better educated he does not want to find the truth behind the statistics.

He wont be looking to see how many people now go to uni compared to how many older generation went.

My father is a typical example, he went to work, did night school, became a qualified management accountant went on to be a financial director of a sizeable company. He didnt go to university, so his qualification doesnt count in your tables. According to you he is 'a less qualified person'.

My father in law....same story, went to work became an electronics engineer, ran his own company servicing and calibrating electron microscopes and other medical equipment around the world. No degree though.

A popular Tibetan Proverb goes… ‘A child without education is like a bird without wings’.
Education broadens the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back