Choosing the right shower - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am planning on having a shower fitted soon but i need to know what type is the best for my house.

We have an immersion heater and the water pressure in the bathroom isn't that great..

Would it be best to have an electric, mixer or power shower fitted?

Many thanks in anticipation

Glenn

Sponsored Links
Spidey senses have a mild tingle - but it could be the beer.

If you have a gravity system then the pressure is dependant on the height between the showerhead and top of the cold water tank.

A pumped/power shower will need less electricity but the correct plumbing from the cylinder. The cylinder will also need to be big enough to cope with the demand as will the cold water tank.

An electric shower has the advantage of being independant of the hot water system, but has plss poor flow and gobbles electrickery. You'll need a fat cable back to the consumer unit and (part P memories fading) and RCD. They feed off the rising water main - so that needs to be fairly nearby.

Triton make a pumped electric shower than can perhaps tee off teh cold feed to the bath - but still needs a fat barsturd electrci cable to provide power.

Personally I would try an spend the extra and get a good mixer shower and a Stuart Turner pump.

Do you have stored cold water, e.g. in the loft?

Sponsored Links
Mine too, and I reckon the budget won't stretch to a thermo valve and S/T pump, plus flange and sundries...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back