Cistern lid problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This sounds really stupid but we have had every tom dick and harry round to have a look without success, it is probably something so simple.

We have a cistern lid that will not be removed from its cistern. In other words stuck. Its an ideal standard brand loo but I have no idea what model it is other than it has the two flush button (eco) system on the cistern lid rather than ye olde fashioned water wasting handle. We have two in the property that will lift off (persumably a different model) and two that wont. As I said this sounds stupid but they will not budge, even with some considerable force (I am quite a strong guy) they merely move from side to side slightly.

Help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Gently prise out the 2 push flush buttons and you will probably find a retaining screw in the bottom. Also occasionally the chrome decorative ring around the buttons can be unscrewed as that sometimes holds the cistern lid on ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back