Clicking Worcester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 24Ri it starts up OK switches on the Hot Water and the Central Heating. However, when it switches off the boiler starts clicking in and out a relay. If you switch on and off the Hot Water then it behaves correctly with no clicking. If you do just the Central Heating then you get the clicking. To stop the clicking I have to switch off the power to the boiler.

I have been through and checked the 3 position valve using the FAQ page and it points to the Boiler. There appears to be a 50V floating around the circuit when the Boiler switches off the Central Heating. If you look again after switch off and on the power to the boiler then this has gone

Is there anyway I can do some more checks to see if it really is the boiler

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Relay problems on the PCB are common on these and they can be replaced.

WB supply a fix for this , the back voltage from some 3 port valves causes the boiler to either run or the relays to click like yours, I dont know the part number but its basically a resistor or capacitor (cant remember which) between switched live and neutral.

Thanks all for the suggestions denso13 and picasso. I seem to have fixed this

I got a 470nF 500V AC Capacitor (RG25C from Maplin) and put it across the Orange and Blue wire of the V4073A HoneyWell Mid Point Valve.

I understand that the capacitor gives a return path to get rid of a 'stray' electrical signal. But this still sounds like a fix for another problem.

Thanks again

Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back