Coax + rj45 faceplate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, newb here.

Can anyone recommend where to get a coax + rj45 faceplate of decent quality?

I bought one off Amazon and it doesnt look up to much, the coax point has no shielding. having said that I haven't tried it yet.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I thought proving google could find just one the three enough TBH. Lol.

Personally, Crabtree and Legrand are superior than the big name that is MK.

Screw fix do a screened co-ax, duplex or anything else you might need like that. They also do Cat 5e or Cat 6 RJ45 modulars. I can take a picture of my lads bedroom if you want to see them all in. I fitted them about 2 weeks ago.
I've just bought the same screened duplex and two cat 6 rj45 from tlc direct as I put a big order in. A little cheaper but exactly the same. The only thing I would recommend with the screened co-ax is fit them upside down so you don't have to kink the co-ax cable to get it in from the bottom. Tlc also do PF100 Coax if you need that too. Top quality. I got my Cat 6 wire from Maplin.

Hope this helps.

The trick is the term "Euromod". It's a standard size/shape for modules so you can buy faceplates that match the rest of your accessories, but buy data/whatever modules to suit your needs (not necessarily from the limited range the manufacturer of your accessories does).
Example of modules available - these are Triax I think.

Before Euromodule (and LJU6) standard formats, every manufacturer has something similar but not compatible. It's a right PITA when you come to replace a faulty/broken data socket and find that nothing you have with you will fit :evil:

It's handy my my line of work as it means I can stick to the data connectors I normally use, but buy faceplates that match the customer's sockets and switches. It's only a small detail, but IMO it makes a huge difference - I think it looks "really naff" when the data sockets look nothing like the rest of the fittings.

EDIT: While it's a bit more work to sink them, if you use 47mm flush boxes it gives you more room to turn cables round without damaging them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back