Coincidence?

Oh yes I acknowledge those other possibilities but you seem to be confusing 'refusing to recognise' with 'already considered and rejected as too far-fetched'.

Up here, us jocks call sandwiches 'pieces'. So maybe she was saying 'no justice, no piece' ie notifying intention of a possible hunger strike - did you consider that?

Sponsored Links
'Ignorance is bliss'...

That saying seems to have been reinforced by postings on this last page ;)

I would guess there are more acts of violence committed in africa than anywhere else in the world on any given day. So what's your point?

Not possibly sarcastic, rather obviously. The 'other' ridiculous possibilities are reserved for people who want to bring them up, if they feel they are true and we can listen to your argument. You have yet to convince me.

Sponsored Links
So what's your point?

I'll go slowly for you. I repeat:
And of course the salute has been used by those committed to non-violent protest.

So your correlation is extremely tenuous.

There is no correlation between the Black Power Salute and violence, depsite your attempt to assert that there is.

I will try and help you out. Some gangstas use the black power salute when they are intent on or engaged in acts of violence.

I understand that a frenchman :rolleyes: would know more about africa than I would, probably knows more than any african given the time they spend there. So lets stick to london, if you can.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Not my words but the origin is unclear:

Convince a fool against his will, he will be of the same opinion still.

And yet in our society we allow all to speak no matter how deeply and obviously wrong they are.

You can post generic quotes like that all you want but you haven't offered any opposing argument of your own. If you can provide a sound argument, there are plenty of eyes here willing to read and consider it.

Resorting to ad hominem attacks and misquoting people as you're doing instead will not earn you much respect as a contributer.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
I'd like to know why no one has asked his family "I'm sorry for your loss but respectfully ask exactly why was your son carrying a loaded firearm illegally and what do you think his intent was?"

Has this been asked of them; did I miss something? :confused:

If my daughter or son was that doing that I would say in no uncertain terms "WTF DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!!!" :evil:

Is it because when someone is grieving it's somehow disrespectful to ask a searching and relevant question for fear of reprisal or insensitivity?

• Thanks
My only agenda was to demonstrate your single-minded consideration of someone's quote. in that respect, what do you think this was, scotch mist?:

A criticism of my post without any meaningful input of your own. I guess this is what the guy that picks out spelling mistakes in posts does when he gets a little bit older, takes all kind of people to make the world go round I suppose.

I'd like to know why no one has asked his family "I'm sorry for your loss but respectfully ask exactly why was your son carrying a loaded firearm illegally and what do you think his intent was?"

Yes. I'd be most interested to hear their response. Probably something along the lines of, 'He had been threatened by someone and was carrying the gun for his own protection'.

I think some people are forgetting the old adage: Those who live by the sword die by the sword.

Yeah I tend to lose it with nitpickers that don't want to talk about the topic just want to sit on the sidelines and say 'I didn't like the way you said such and such'. They are just as bad as people that go through a thread to point out spelling errors. Completely pointless people.

@Big Tone - exactly. Seems to be forgotten in all of this, if he wasn't up to no good he wouldn't have been in a stand off in the first place. I don't remember riots when that policewoman was shot by immigrants on the rob and they were just doing their job. As for Duggan's family, they were given a platform to voice their opinion of the verdict and their actions abused it imo, whether it was a grief stricken reaction they regretted or what they had originally planned and were coached out of, doing what they did could be easily construed as an incitement to riot again.

Dianne Abbott where are you?
Our new economic approach is rooted in ideas which stress the growing importance of international co-operation and new theories of economic sovereignty across a wide range of areas – macro-economics, the growth of post neo-classical endogenous growth theory and the symbiotic relationships between growth and investment in people and infrastructure.

Ahh selling Britain's assets again Diane... I reckon it was you who told Brown to sell, sell, sell, the UK Gold Reserves to Cash4Gold, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

There have been countless examples of the police planting lies, and yet they get away with it time and again.
And I'm sure, you believe every criminal in court this week, told the truth to the court (under oath) Yep "It wasn't me yer honour,,, I'm an honest person,,,,, honestly."
Equally, I'm sure some of those criminals, have actually got off a sentence by telling lies.

FFS Elly, take off those rose tinted glasses. You seem to be painting Duggan as some sort of pillar of society. (perhaps he was in your eyes) ?? Ahh, you always seem to pick up the cause of the underdog. The police are always in the wrong... They just can't do right for doing wrong.
I can see, some time in the future, your gaff will be robbed while yer at work, and some scrote will walk off with yer 50" plasma tv, yer Bang and Olufsen Stereo and the family silver.. If the police manage to catch the crim, and he appears in court,, you'll tell the magistrates,,, "Nah yer honours,, It just couldn't be this chap,,, He seems far too nice."

• Thanks
It is getting a bit silly Joe you have alway's been a provocative poster but in the past but I think at time's you have made some good point's but now your going downhill faster than an avalanche and it's getting tiresome. I agree with JBR the mod's need may need to step in :rolleyes: .

Sensationalist media claptrap is spoon fed to the masses on a daily basis and gullible people like our 'anti establishment' ellal slavishly believe in every word.

A crook carrying a gun gets shot. How is that a bad thing?

Sensationalist media claptrap is spoon fed to the masses on a daily basis and gullible people like our 'anti establishment' ellal slavishly believe in every word.

A crook carrying a gun gets shot. How is that a bad thing?

The jury believed he was in possession of the gun, but lobbed it away, and was not in possession of it, when he was shot by the rozzers.

Therefore, the finding of "lawful killing" makes no sense.

FWIW, I too don't think that the police should be Judge Dredd; however, the world is in shades of grey, whereas the wording of the Law is not.

Hypothesising, Duggan's tossing away of the gun (which was only 20ft away - a three yr old could have thrown it as far, so he hardly had to take a run-up). Could have genuinely been surrendering, and been executed. Not lawful killing.
Could have genuinely been surrendered, and the rozzer panicked. Not lawful killing, but perhaps mitigable to some degree.
Could have genuinely been surrendering, but (badly, for himself) drew the gun across the rozzer's line, during the toss-away, so rozzer (under threat), shot him. Not lawful killing, but perhaps mitigable in some part.
Could have been levelling to shoot the rozzer, got there too late, and the gun was flung from his hand by him recoiling from the bullet. Lawful killing, but nigh-on impossible to prove.

We'll never really know.

Sponsored Links
Back