Cold hot water tank hot pipes and pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got banging in my pipes. I had hot water and heating. A friend of mine is a plumber, come round then said the hot water stat was not working and neither is the honewell f4-9904 three way port valve. He changed the stat and now i have no hot water. I think he wired up the stat wrong, but i dont know how to check it without a diagram or something. The 3 way port valve switches one way but not the other. Please help, i`m stuck, i`m willing to sort it all by my self, but i`m not going to touch what i dont know, i`ve been searching google for afew bits to see if i can find a web page that will help, i also see this site so i thought i`ve got nothing to lose by asking. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
did he fit a complete valve or just the top section ?
if he drained the system you could have an airlock in coil rather than a elecy fault.

He only changed the temprature stat. I have taken the stat off and felt the tank, and it is cold. The 3 way port valve is unchanged, although it dont seam to be working properly, i did have hot water and heating before he changed the stat. The port valve is switched to the left, i have never seen it move to the right. Does the port valve switch move all the way over or just alittle bit ?

How do i do that, it does not have any light on it to say that it is on, it is just a standard twist switch that has 40 to 90 on it. The wiring is Red in 1, Black in 2 and Grey in 3.

Yes, i opened up the the stat that is stuck to the side of the tank and tested that. There is also a hint of power going to the copper strip on the stat as well.

All 3 terminals light up when i tested them. The copper strip barely light up when i turned it on and off. Terminal 1 has the red wire, 2 has the black wire and 3 has the grey wire.

( edited )
Also the BAXI SOLO 2PF keeps shutting down due to over heating and the pipes rattle like mad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back