Cold Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My radiators downstairs are cold but upsatirs they are hot. I have a Worcester 24CDI boiler - is there anything I can press or do??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
we had that when we first moved in to our present house, not sure why it does it, but an elctric valve usually needs to be fitted,

usually you need to bleed the radiators to let the air out, its best to do this when the pump is switched off. You need a radiator key or maybe some long nosed pliers would do the trick

Sponsored Links
check your pump, if this is ok it could be two things 1-your downstairs radiators are full of sludge, or 2-your balance valve tap (near your hot water tank) is too open, try closing this valve a bit. Note if you fully close the valve and you have the system on hot water only you will damage the system, so close it all the way and then open it about half a turn. If this is the cause you will have very hot water at the moment?? good luck. Karl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back