Cold Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Any help greatly received...

Last November we had a new ariston combi boiler installed, this feeds 5 Rads ( 3 upstairs/ 2 down stairs). All 5 worked when installed.

During the summer months we turned all rads down using the Therm valve. Now the weather has changed we had turned them up again but only 2 rads are heating up, 1 upstairs and 1 down.

I have read the other post don't think it is a problem with the pump as the 1 upstairs is working.

I have tried to turning off the hot rads and waiting to see if the other heat up but nothing. Also tried bleeding the cold ones, got around 150 mls of liquid out and then left it open for around 30 mins, no water coming out or no heat.

Help... not sure what to try.....

Sponsored Links
the thermostatic valves have stuck in the off position as they have been turned off all summer.

see faq #1.

leave all trvs fully on during summer to prevent this.

the thermostatic valves have stuck in the off position as they have been turned off all summer.

see faq #1.

leave all trvs fully on during summer to prevent this.

Thanks

I have read the FAQ's but sods law we have a Danfoss Valve, Do you happen th know how I get into the pin in these?

it depends which model.

but you can try turning the top part clockwise all the way with your right hand & holding in position. turn the ring below anti clockwise then pull the valve head up.

difficult to explain but easy to do, once you know.

Sponsored Links
this has always been a problem with Danfoss (for perhaps 20 years).

nice to see their r & d is up to scratch. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back