Cold radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone advise me of the next step? I have two cold radiators that were working last year. Im not very good with DIY things (laymans terms please!:)) but I have bled the radiators and also removed the tvrs and loosened the pins and still nothing. Is there anything else I can do myself??

Many thanks in advance x

Sponsored Links
when you bleed them is there pressure?

have you topped up the system after bleeding?

As soon as I turn the key water comes out, the plumber that serviced my boiler also said that he bled them at the time. As water comes out immediately I'd guess it wouldnt need topping up?? (Also I wouldnt know how to do that.... :( )

Sponsored Links
No, apparently during the boiler check he only makes sure that the heat is going to the radiators- not that they are actually working (the pipes leading to the radiators are hot)

hi, may need to balance the system a bit, turn down valves else where on the lockshields/trvs. Try a turn of most of the rads leaving one or so open and then this may draw the heat to the ones not working. then balance out the system re instating other rads slowly.

pins may need a good banging, but caution must be applied.. you could make them leak ^^

however having just read message again, if the pipes are hot upto the valves then it would possibly be an issue with the valves as stated already. If you have checked the pins on the trvs then it maybe time to change. However previous post could still be worth a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back