Combi and domestic HW buffer vessel (domestic)

Sponsored Links
Right cant find my wier guage (spelling) and cant be bothered timing it right now.

Anywhoo i have a rough sketch of how i was originally piping it.

Tried and tested and works... Thoughts?

HWdesignME.jpg

Yellow are could be blended to ensure a min amount of cold was passed to the combi

Is the buffer temp maintained by the combi?
Is the coil for solar?

Sponsored Links
Is the buffer temp maintained by the combi?
Is the coil for solar?

Yes mate, in the future anyways

Combi will replenish the buffer when no hot water is demanded.

When the lower stat gets above 50deg, it turns the pump off. When the middle stat drops below 50 it turns it back on and cycles the water back round the buffer.

Need to figure how to make solar as efficient as poss without losing flow rate.

You can't heat this cyl from the combi like this and have solar. You need to choose which you want. There is no point in setting up a DHW buffer unless your main can support a high flowrate.

I will use a solar buffer and mt design then when it comes to it as somwone mentioned earlier. Would like to have a look at a diagram if there is one.

What type of flow rates are you anticipating? We have at least 20lpm plus

You might find this helpful.................
http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/f...l-with-solar-combi-rayburn-t3682.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link mate appreciated. Think im gonna bin the primary thermal store idea as i dont want to lose my flow rate etc. I think i will end up fitting a secondary thermal solar store and use that to fee the coil of my HW buffer as a later date. Anyone have a schematic/working diagram of how that would work?

Mystery i dont suppose you have a part number/cost for there secondary VT kit do you matey?

7199 505 for the Vitodens 200-W type WB2B up to 35kW - list price £719.

It is a different part no for one to connect to the very latest 200-W type WB2C - the models have changed this week.

7199 505 for the Vitodens 200-W type WB2B up to 35kW - list price £719.

It is a different part no for one to connect to the very latest 200-W type WB2C - the models have changed this week.

Bl;oody hell mate £720 notes for a motorised blender and a P.C.B!! At that price, i think i may just let the underfloor blender do its own work and just have the boiler VT for the rads

I have the new 200w, had it sent to me direct a few weeks ago, looks very nice tbh. NOt had a min to fit it yet tho.

Any thoughts with regards to a secondary solar buffer feeding my buffer coil?

Now, Gareth, you know that is before discount - and it's got a lot more than just a mixing valve and pcb!

It links in with the weather comp, and has its own variable speed circuit pump, all the plumbing connections and plug-and-play electrics.

aghh right you think say 480 notes is worth it just to WC the ufh ? im undecided mate

do you know if they do a dhw cylinder temp probe for the 200w combi?
too? thinking of extending the origonal thermister if not

... plus a matching casing to line up with with the boiler. Very neat!

You can't add a cylinder temperature sensor to a combi boiler - there's already a dhw sensor on the plate heat exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back