combi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys hope you can help. I have a Celtic FF boiler,central heating works fine but the hot water from taps starts to run warm approaching hot and then runs cold within about 15 seconds.Ive tried switching to hot water only on boiler but same thing happens. Boiler is about 12 years old.Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think the Celtic is older than 12 years. Anyway it might help if you could describe exactly what the boiler does when you turn on a hot tap.

Thanks Chris for your speedy reply you were right the boiler is 16 years old.Just got the wife to operate the tap while I watched the boiler.When the hot tap was opened the main flame died leaving just the pilot and there was a repeated clicking noise, like a solenoid coming from the mid to upper part of the boiler.

When you say the main flame died, I presume the boiler was already in heating mode. It seems that the diaphragm is operating if the boiler is responding to the hot water flow. Beyond that I can't suggest anything off hand except that you either need to study the manual or find a competent boiler engineer (both difficult options!).

Sponsored Links
sounds like a diverter fault if its not firing up on h/water but htg is ok what type of d/valve is on them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back