combi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi hope someone can help! i'v got a ravenheat condensing fan boiler CSI 85
the prolem is i'v lost all pressure,so filled back up to 1.5 bar then went and bled all the rads! again back down to 0, so filled back up again went an checked all rads and valves for leeks.Found none :confused: wot i have noticed is the boiler o/flow as a constant trickle o warm water :confused:
so am now filling the boiler with the loop at the same rate its coming out of the o/flow wots wrong with it :confused:

Sponsored Links
hi kev is that the pressure release valve :?: so if i get that replaced will i be sorted :?: if ur askin me to ask y ! av never let it go up 2 30 bar i just stop it at 1.5. if ur not askin me sorry :oops: av ever bin on this site and am new 2 all this cheers ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
sorry for typing in text, i get it off the kids!! but can someone answer the question please then i know what to do thanks Steve!

What I think Kev was trying to get at is that replacing the PRV will repair the problem of water passing but you need to consider why the PRV has opened in the first instance.

It may just be one of those things and replacing the PRV will be all you need to do but it is best to keep an eye in the system for a few days as you could have a problem elsewhere eg with the ex vessel etc etc.

hi, Steve again , thanks for (not 4)staying with me guys on my boiler problem but unfortunatly two hours after my last posting the boiler bit the dust!! no pressure and water everywhere, did'nt get chance to change the p r v, everywhere shut till monday looks like am going to have to get a
plummer in, out of the local rag Hope he can bring it back to life

hi steve here when my boiler bit the dust saturday i'v been intouch with my house insurance they'er saying my p,c,b is covered for water damage but unless i can explain how the heat exchanger failed or spung a leek they can't pay out for it!! my boiler was new 3years ago(it was very icey saturday night) could my froststat have failed? can anyone help?(boiler not covered unless due to ice or frost damage)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back