combi boiler trips out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm experiencing problems with my Potterton Puma boiler(4 years old).
1. After turning the hot water tap off, the boiler continues to fire,making a hissing boiling sound until the boiler trips out and extinguishes the pilot light.
2. If the boiler switch is set to ON (not standby) but the CH is switched off, the boiler will sometimes re-ignite itself, (as if the CH has been switched on) and then the boiler has to be switched to STANDBY to stop it, or if the hot tap is run at this time this sometimes stops it, I've noticed the water is extremely HOT!!!
I would be grateful for any advice.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I am having exactly the same problem with my Potterton Puma. I notice you wrote this in November 2002 and was wondering if you had any luck in getting the problem fixed.

Hi

No luck as yet I'm afraid, we bled the system and I regularly bleed the radiators of air but it still trips out once the hot tap is turned off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back