Combi gas exhaust flues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an upstairs maisonette flat and rent privately. The other three are council. The council are updating their flats, installing combi boilers. The flue for my downstair's neighbour's boiler is not directly under my window, sort of off to the side, and the other downstair flat's flue is close to the boundary between, ie it has been situated closer to my window (underneath).
I've noticed that the vapour from both come right up in front of my kitchen window (which i open regularly year round) and not best pleased to have this floating up all the time. (I spend a lot of time in my kitchen)

The workmen assured me it was harmless and will only happen when the boiler is on for central heating - i pointed out also for hot water and as my neighbour downstairs has kids it will be well used.

I notice from other post there's a 300mm minimum, but can't really measure it without going into their front garden!

Do i have any rights here?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Provided it's been installed within the scope of the regulations it's fine

Yes but is it. You can't fit a flue on wall within 600mm of an opposite boundary. And that is without considering the nuisance value if pluming, which you are required to take into account.

Having said that, I am not entirely clear as to the OP's explanation of the situation.

Ditto

As I understand it if the OP has a problem with steam and therefore POC's entereing the Kitchen window, the owner of the boiler is obliged to rectify regardless of whether the minimum clearances have been complied with Contact the Local Authority and complain long & loud!! ;)

Sponsored Links

Yes but is it. You can't fit a flue on wall within 600mm of an opposite boundary. And that is without considering the nuisance value if pluming, which you are required to take into account.

Having said that, I am not entirely clear as to the OP's explanation of the situation.

Thanks for that, I am sure it's less than 600mm.

OP,

what exactly is it that you are not happy with?

Is it just looking at the steamy discharge?

In olden days the trains had steam engines which gave out a chuff chuff of steam!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back