Combi pressure too high - can it blow a push fit pipe?

As already stated, Pushfit fittings should not be used on Chrome Plated Copper or Stainless Steel tube. The surface is too hard for the teeth to grip and over time will slide off.

I always connect plastic pipe to Chrome pipe with a compression fitting, I have seen the Chrome plating removed by a file and a Pushfit fitting used directly.

From a warranty point of view, I think you are better covered by using a compression fitting.

Again as already stated, all the major Pushfit makers say not to use their fittings on CP pipe, so you would have no come back with them.

Edit. Regarding pressures, most Combi boilers "Blow Off" at 3 bar, depending on what make of Pushfit you go for the recommended test pressures range from 1.5 times working pressure to 18 bar, so if fitted correctly they shouldn't blow off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back