Coming to a town near you - SOON

I find it difficult to appreciate how some councils seem to be at liberty in denying people the right to fly our national flag. Is it illegal?
I sometimes feel that some councils think they are above the law.

Sponsored Links
It is the culture in which they work. They think they are important.

I'm always amazed how conditioned people are by their jobs.

I suspect that you're right - 'we' have no choice in using the services (and I use the term in it's loosest sense) of local/central government and they can act accordingly.

HMRC being a case in point - call waiting times of up to 47 minutes and over a quarter of calls not answered - any business run in the same manner would be losing customers faster than they could find them (although some of the utility companies come close).

If you need your blood pressure to be elevated then try Radstock (Somerset) / Eleanor Jackson (labour) and then find the reaction of the Muslim Council - in fairness the story is a few years old now.

Classic case of some idiot being offended on behalf of other people who are not offended in the slightest.
To coin a phrase, many people in this country suffer from a condition I have decided to name 'chip on the shoulder by proxy'.
(I ought to mention that this phrase is now copyrighted and I own the copyright!)

Sponsored Links
The examples I have heard about seem to involve local councils, probably predominantly left-wing. And, no, I can't remember specific cases.

If you need your blood pressure to be elevated then try Radstock (Somerset) / Eleanor Jackson (labour) and then find the reaction of the Muslim Council - in fairness the story is a few years old now.

Classic case of some idiot being offended on behalf of other people who are not offended in the slightest.
Exactly,

And such people fuel the fire.
The "do gooders / PC brigade" make things much worse and cause even more resentment.

Anyway, your points have been noted, but you still haven't addressed the notion that some posters on here are racists / bigots. Take your myopic glasses off and talk to people that know.
You still haven't addressed your quote saying that some on here are racist / bigots.
You questioned why the op posted a video that was years old, then you quote a story that is a few years old!!
So now you post that you agree with me and other posters on here that we might have concerns regarding immigrants and their impact on the UK? Yet, you still have to question the op's reasoning for showing us the video of these thugs causing havoc in a country that welcomed them in. Just because these thugs came up against a more forceful opposition, they decided to trash the very country that invited them in. They could, in theory, claim asylum, gain an EU passport and arrive on our doorstep. How would you feel then ? Perhaps they could live round your area and you might welcome them with open arms. Our once great country needs outside help from immigrants with the skills that are required. They will be welcomed and treated with the due respect that they deserve. As for the others ..............

In response to your repeated question about racism, read my post #111 and see if you think that any posters match my comments.

As you seem intent on arguing I'm stepping off this thread

In response to your repeated question about racism, read my post #111 and see if you think that any posters match my comments.

As you seem intent on arguing I'm stepping off this thread
.............. and we were getting along so well.

Sponsored Links
Back