Complete Restoration advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I am considering buying a flat which needs complete restoration. Currently the flat is basically just brick walls and new windows. It requires everything - flooring, walls, ceilings, electrics, plumbing, central heating, insulation etc...

I would appreciate if someone could give a brief overview of what the general sequence of events should be when all these things need to be done.

For example, would it be correct to get the walls all strapped and the flooring beams in position and then put the electrics and plumbing in position? Then put the plasterboard walls in place and then the insulation?

Also, could anyone 'in the know' offer a estimate at how much it might cost to restore a 2 bed flat with lounge, kitchen and bathroom. I will do a lot of the work myself but leave certain things like the electrics and plumbing to friends in the trade.

Thanks a lot for any advice!

David

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back