Compression fittings.

Then there is the old fashioned approach of using gloss paint and cotton when winding in long screws & back nuts into a Galvy water tank, sorry Cistern!
I guess you remember the ole Cookes Cutters then Freeflow?..:)
Yes , cistern being correct.....I guess a pizz take considering a pet hate of mine.;)

Sponsored Links
My vote goes to Fernox LSX best stuff to use on any joints that will be hard to get to later(y)

I reach for this. With a smear over the back of the olive.

IMG_2159.JPG

...and I've laid more pipe than the UK did after Christmas dinner :LOL::p:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I guess you remember the ole Cookes Cutters then Freeflow?..:)
Yes , cistern being correct.....I guess a pizz take considering a pet hate of mine.;)
Oh yes they were a fecker to keep centered:eek: The Enox hole cutter was the tool back in the day, powered by a Wolf or Stanley Bridges all metal bodied electric drill. ;)

Oh yes they were a fecker to keep centered:eek: The Enox hole cutter was the tool back in the day, powered by a Wolf or Stanley Bridges all metal bodied electric drill. ;)

All we had were adjustable cutters and a Brace !!

A drill you posh feker we had a raw plug tool

Ok own up...who used cherry red copper tube to make the holes in plastic cisterns??????:censored:

Ok own up...who used cherry red copper tube to make the holes in plastic cisterns??????:censored:

Hundreds of times !!

No power on site. We used Gas Tilleys for Loft work. Council Bungalows on drops....Fookin torture in Summer!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back