Condensers have had it! Well, According to the DM they have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will tell the client of a 10miilion pound property in Regents Part that we will ditch the bespoke BMS controls system and install a few Honeywell CM67 controllers, to run his, boiler, UFH heating, air conditioning, hot water, air handling unit, oh and I forgot the swimming pool as well

You're doing it again. Name dropping the big money syndrome. If it's yours, well done, congratulations if not there's no need to wave it over the forum like it's some giant c**k you've just grown.

Sponsored Links
I will tell the client of a 10miilion pound property in Regents Part that we will ditch the bespoke BMS controls system and install a few Honeywell CM67 controllers, to run his, boiler, UFH heating, air conditioning, hot water, air handling unit, oh and I forgot the swimming pool as well

You're doing it again. Name dropping the big money syndrome. If it's yours, well done, congratulations if not there's no need to wave it over the forum like it's some giant c**k you've just grown.

What is your problem, I am pointing out there is a massive difference in markets for installers, and everything is different, as they want quality and are prepared to pay for it, how am I name dropping, I am talking about a Job I am working on, it is not mine, if I owned a property of that value, do you think I would be on this forum, with that kind of money, I am sure I would have better things to do.

Generally speaking, Millionaires didn't get their cash by paying top buck for best quality.

So by your reckoning everything is cheap tat, there is no such thing as high quality.

I think most controls are very good quality (except Salus), just don't believe buying £40K's worth of it gives you any more quality. Only much more quantity and wider range of applications.

Sponsored Links
So by your reckoning everything is cheap tat, there is no such thing as high quality.

I think most controls are very good quality (except Salus), just don't believe buying £40K's worth of it gives you any more quality. Only much more quantity and wider range of applications.

As I said it is built on site and the software is specific to the project, so it is much better quality

What is your problem

Because of your transparent overtures, I'm probably and unfairly tarnishing you with the same brush as people I've met over the years that act like their wealthy customer's barking dog. Usually without having a pot to p*ss in themselves.

As I said it is built on site and the software is specific to the project, so it is much better quality

That doesn't really follow.... Bespoke equipment is more versatile and can be taylored to specific jobs however If you were to compare a hand made equipment to mass produced, the mass produced kit would prove to be more reliable...

That doesn't really follow.... Bespoke equipment is more versatile and can be taylored to specific jobs however If you were to compare a hand made equipment to mass produced, the mass produced kit would prove to be more reliable...

This has to be made for the specific site, there is nothing availiable that can controll all the products at the same time, as they need to work with each other

the amount of condense produced has no relevance to the gas savings
Of course it has relevance. Yes, there are other factors like improved efficiency at part load and slight savings from reduced flue gas temperatures above dew point. The savings from the amount of condensation has the potential of being most important.

Bespoke controls ect ???? basically some consultant ( pencil pusher probably ? maybe ?) convincing & than selling some plenty of money customer ?? some controls , that probably require a degree in electronics to set up ? & probaly ? are a waste of time any way ?

If i run the condense outside, i normally go straight to 32mm. Never had a problem. I was in a loft last week and the pipes were insulated with 20 mm insulation and the pipes froze. So i dont insulate outside. I know bg insulate 20mm condense pipe outside with 20mm insulation. I know this will freeze with a prolonged temperature drop and the cheap insulation they use from plumb centers but i fit what they supply. My private jobs. The condense runs internally for as long as possible before i go out side.

silverback18";p=" said:
lcgs";p=" said:
silverback18";p=" said:
Tibbot";p=" said:
No it won't. It'll be made as reasonably cheaply as it can to do the job you describe. It will not be made with no expense spared.

How would you know, you do not know what controls company we use, I see the controls been built on site and I know the controls engineers personally.

all controls whether it be BMS or basic honeywell stat are off the peg, the only difference for 40k is someone gives you a box with dodgy lights and labels on plus a big key to open it with.
Things like starters,trend controllers are 10 a penny and over priced to the end user.

yeah ok then, I will agree with you, I will tell the client of a 10miilion pound property in Regents Part that we will ditch the bespoke BMS controls system and install a few Honeywell CM67 controllers, to run his, boiler, UFH heating, air conditioning, hot water, air handling unit, oh and I forgot the swimming pool as well

if you think keep dropping big numbers is supposed to impress, your more stupid than most of your postings makes you seem.
The idea of controls is to intergrate as many systems as you can to simplfy things for the end user. Your over the top bms system may still not fully intergrate all items such as the calorifiers,boilers,ahu's as they won't all be the same make,same technology etc.the only thing in commonay be the ability to work with 0-10v signals.
If using 6 off the shelf roomstats makes the end result simplthro use that's wot any decent controls expert will do.

Having a panel ring you when it's going wrong isn't new,vaillants had the same technology for the last good knows how long.

If using 6 off the shelf roomstats makes the end result simplthro use that's wot any decent controls expert will do.

You must be joking.
Its more likely what someone like tibbot would do in a granny flat using cheap salus tat. :rolleyes:

DIA the joe bloggs i work for will pay as we have all agreed the differnce in price for condensate pipe is probably about a fiver on the average job .

But people DONT want that across there building no matter what you say they do understand they do accept but they just dont want a 3 inch pipe especially not a level pipe across there building. WOULD you or for a better question would the wife

No I wouldn't want it across the building or even outside for that matter, and the wife doesn't give a **** she's been dead for 5 years (sorry Glenda) :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back