Conduit bends in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am doing some chasing out work soon to add some electrics in a bedroom.

This will be the first time where I have not had access to the ceiling space to route cable via. I will be going from a FCU down to a flex outlet for a heater. They are not directly above each other though, so a bend will be required.

I usually use 20mm oval conduit, but there don't seem to be bends available for this. I could use 20mm round conduit with bends, but this will mean channeling deeper.

Are there any other good solutions?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Are you planning on it having to be rewired anytime soon. If not just use some capping by cutting some 45's to form a 90 ?

Are you planning on it having to be rewired anytime soon. If not just use some capping by cutting some 45's to form a 90 ?

No rewire planned, the electrics aren't very old so its just an addition.

I guess I can use capping with 2 45degree cuts... just wondered if there was a better way to do it!

Thanks

It is unlikely that you will be allowed to bent the conduit it the wall.
Cables must run horizontally or vertically to an accessory.
Search for: Safe Zones

Sponsored Links
It is unlikely that you will be allowed to bent the conduit it the wall.
Cables must run horizontally or vertically to an accessory.
Search for: Safe Zones

They will be. Horizontally from the FCU and vertically to the outlet (or vice versa)

Why not just mitre the two bits of 20 mm oval?
Can you imagine pushing/pulling a cable through a sharp right angled bend? It has to be gentle, like a slip bend.

Am I missing something here?

This is just regular twin and earth cable in oval conduit in plaster? With no particular attention to new wiring being pulled through in the future?

The last piece of conduit can be slid over the cable once a bend in the cable has been formed.

What is the problem here? Clearly I am misunderstanding...

iagree.gif

OR ... just bury the cable in nice cooling masonry.

Or get a grip, get out the Hilmor and get on with bending the right sort of conduit.

Am I missing something here?

This is just regular twin and earth cable in oval conduit in plaster? With no particular attention to new wiring being pulled through in the future?

To my mind there's no point in using conduit if you can't pull the wire through. You might just as well clip the wire to the wall and plaster over if you don't want to do it properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back