Confused ! Beko DWD5412W not washing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We got this basket case in a few weeks ago when dismantled it was apparent it had a blow out electrically within the control board enclosure ,after metering out all of the components it was found no faults and resistances to motor and heater windings all within tolerance .i even after testing powered up the circulation pump and the drain pump with a separate isolated power supply and they functioned correctly ,I found the flood switch was damaged by previous owner having removed it from the bottom cover and then dragging the machine around on it.I then metered out all the cabling for continuity and insulation tests ,i can only assume the board had become wet and popped as opposed to any other short or faults causing it to blow up .Happy with the results i ordered a replacement new flood switch and (used) control board identical part numbers etc ,Cleaned away the carbon flash residue on the card edge connector for the motor drive cables and tested fitted new flood switch .The machine went through the first drain sequence then filled with water ,stopping at the right level then sits quietly for quite some time before pumping out and re filling ,even though the circulation pump works it does not function in any of the five programs ,the continuity from the motor to the board edge connector is fine as is its common shared neutral/ ground.
Confused as to what the problem could be i would like to know if any one else has encountered this issue before ,i suspect the control board personally but have been assured it is a working one .

Shawn

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back