Connecting 12Kw inline Pool Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just purchased a 12kw Elecro pool heater rated at 53 amps. I need advice on how to connect this please? My current set up is a 100A Main consumer unit that then feeds the house and a secondary Consumer (also 100A rated) unit in the garage which just supplies lights and sockets.

I was thinking of installing a 3rd small 3-way consumer unit in shed to with 63A RCD to manage to heater and 1 x 6amp & 1 x 16 Amp MCB's to handle sockets and light. Typically I will have the heater and pump (13amp) running at the same time, therefore will the loading be sufficient on my main consumer unit and what MCB would I need to install in the Main and Secondary units?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
This is a large additional load on a domestic supply - have you contacted your supplier to get their permission to install it.

Supply agreements generally require that you declare any large additional loads before they are installed. A 12kw load can cause noticeable effects on the local supply distribution network.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back