Conntecting a W/C overflow to a soil pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can I connect a W/C overflow to a soil pipe if I have a trap in between the W/C and the soil pipe.

Any help would be good.

Keep safe and well.

Dereck

Sponsored Links
Water will very rarely run down the overflow. How do you keep the trap filled with water?

Hi and thanks for your reply.

How do I keep the trap filled with water, very good question.

I will think about this again.

Many thanks

Dereck

Hi again,

Is there any way to have a non return valve on an W/C overflow pipe to stop any smell coming from the soil pipe?

Many thanks for any help you can give

Dereck

Sponsored Links
an easy and trouble free option is to change the syphon for a european style.. they don't require an overflow because any surplus water so to speak runs into the pan,, officially you will have to ask waterboard if you are allowed to install one though all new toilet cisterns are now fited with internal overflow and i doubt the waterboard wants their phones ringing hot l :LOL: hope it helps by the way,, dont forget to cap the hole the old o/f leaves :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back