Conservatory foundatios.

Sponsored Links
Regarding fill, it looks as though they have already bottomed at about 750mm, requiring pick axes to get further, mostly chalk now.

That's more like it :) If the chalk is not weathered (ie soft and crumbly), they don't need to go to 1m depth btw.

This does beg the question as to exactly what would they have done regarding the drains and foundations, if you hadn't posted on here...and I think that we know the answer to that.

Sponsored Links
Exactly WHY I posted, and have done so often in the past. This forum is a wonderful resource thanks to you guys who give their expertise so willingly.

Very interesting reading this thread. I hope you keep your camera handy and take lots of pictures of the progress so we can all have a look.

I find it amazing that the builder/cony company were aware of the soakaway but neglected to advise you on what should be done.

Like you said, tis a good job you found the time to post your concerns.

Good luck.

I should point out that I got the company boss to sign a statement that he was aware of the soakaway and that provision would have to be made for moving it, when I signed the contract . They have now to build two new soakaways to take the two original pipes. He has been to see me this lunchtime and we have parted amicably, I like the guy, and I have agreed to pay £85 extra, which I was not obliged to do, but I have already negotiated a massive discount off the whole job, so I hope to be more than happy when it is finished. Will post some more pix later.

I could hardly refuse after all your help. I always ask for a discount, its amazing how much you can negotiate off everything.

Apart from engineer's fees: they're sacrosanct :)

I often dream of living in a big posh house and driving a big posh car like you Shy :D

But i always wake up and come back down to the real world and realise i dont earn as much as you :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back