Conservatory Radiators

Thanks Richard, that has certainly made it clearer for me.

So as I understand it then, if you put rads in the conseravtory you either need a seperate room stat/programmer/zone vale controlling them or the 'room' has to be passed by the building regs?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Richard, that has certainly made it clearer for me.

So as I understand it then, if you put rads in the conseravtory you either need a seperate room stat/programmer/zone vale controlling them or the 'room' has to be passed by the building regs?

That will do it but you could fit a TRV on each rad & don't forget you also need to provide separate means of isolation - shut off valves to the cons. loop inside the main property will do. BC won't "pass" or allow anything else if the cons/room doesn't comply with regs. in all the other areas as well.

If I was fitting the rads then I would have a programmable room stat in the conservatory, which would control the conservatory zone valve and therefore provide the boiler interlock.

No need for TRV's, in fact wouldn't be allowed in room with room stat.

Sponsored Links
If your conservatory does not have building reg approval then fitting it with a wet system connected to the existing system however isolated will still contravene the rules. The only problem you have is if you want to move. There is a small chance it would be picked up in the survey. At the worst you would have to cap it off to comply.

Personally i would put the rads in. It's the cheapest way in the long run to heat it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back