Continental shower fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Hudson Reed shower. They sell to the rest of Europe direct from the the internet and the prices are 60% cheaper than buying in the UK (they do not sell direct in the UK). I was just wondering if anyone knew if there maybe problems with buying a shower designed for europe and using it in the UK with respect to size of fittings etc.

Sponsored Links
You an always get a pipe to fit some way or tother, its the water pressures you want to worry about - unless you have pumps, or a very good mains supply you might have trouble.

And how easy will servicing be? Can you get spares just as easily and cheaply?

And what if the shower arrives damaged in any way? You'll have thrown away any advantage you gained by enduring time and stress in returning it and getting another.

Sponsored Links
Hudson Reed are a UK company so I don't think there will be any problem with spares/warranty etc. They only have a distribution network in the UK so sell through retailers. They do not have any retailers in the rest of the world so in Europe and US so sell direct on the internet but with a 60% discount. So a shower costing at least £350 in UK can be bought on the net for about £150 deliverd, if you know someone abroad.

I've read the installation manual for french customers and it seems an adaptor is supplied for them for the hot/cold connections so i'm presuming thats to convert what ever pipe size they use to 15mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back