Conventional to combi conversion - cold water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to have an extension that means my AC needs to be removed to make way for a new coridoor. The plan is to convert to a combi (as I don't have the space to relocate the AC). I have recently installed an electric shower in my bathroom and noticed when I turned the stop cock off that most of the cold water stopped in the house (all of downstairs and the upstairs en suite). The bathroom cold didn't stop (until the tank emptied) as this is fed from a tank in the attick. My question is - when I have the combi fitted, will I still need the huge cold water tank in the attick, or can all my cold supplies be re-arranged to come off the mains?

Sponsored Links
You can reroute all your cold supplys now (or when you have the combi fitted) to run off the mains. When the combi has been fitted you can then dispense with the tank (cistern) as it is still needed to supply your hot water cylinder :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back