Converting brick shed into usable space - any advice welcome

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We've got a brick shed which has a concrete flat roof. My wife's starting a dog grooming business and so we're converting it into a room for that.

We've got a plumber and electrician coming out to sort out all that stuff, but because money's tight I'm doing the rest myself, which will mainly be boarding it out, fitting units and storage (similar to kitchen units) and tiling it.

The only thing I'm unsure about is whether I need to damp proof it at all before boarding it?

At the moment there's nothing at all on any of the walls, and it's a single layer of bricks with a 6 inch (approx) concrete roof.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Tim

Sponsored Links
There's one corner which gets damp, but it's because it's against next doors garden which is at a slightly higher level by a couple of feet? Everywhere else seems to be dry (I've been monitoring it since we had the roof fixed a few months ago.)

Sponsored Links
You need to read some of th egarage conversion threads. Its all there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back