Converting fireplace to wood burner

Oh dear how very small minded of you! As you can see i am new to this game and stumbled across this post. Hope they are not all like you...nasty!

Sponsored Links
Your first post is on a 4 month old thread with no detail other than a link to an expensive stove company which is common for advertising spammers; what sort of response do you expect :!: Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick but your post is hardly helpful to the OP 4 months down the line & is a complete waste of your effort & our time reading it. :rolleyes:

As I said they were very helpful to us and I wanted to pass this info on to others. You have come to a very wrong conclusion I'm afraid.

A lot of scare mongering from the tradesmen a competant DIYer can easily fit a log burner many thousands of us have already done so, simply ensure you have a couple of C02 Detectors installed to alert you of any problems, no need to bother with building control or your insurance company as they wont have a clue how old the installation is.

Sponsored Links
no need to bother with building control or your insurance company as they wont have a clue as to how old the installation is.

Yup thems stoves don't have data plates no more.
Yup your right I bought my sunrain stove in January 2011 and ther is no data plate on it so I could have bought it in 2003 and no one could prove that I had'nt,

A lot of scare mongering from the tradesmen a competant DIYer can easily fit a log burner many thousands of us have already done so, simply ensure you have a couple of C02 Detectors installed to alert you of any problems, no need to bother with building control or your insurance company as they wont have a clue how old the installation is.

So its scare mongering, really ~

http://www.co-gassafety.co.uk/deaths.html

Percentage wise there are far more deaths with solid fuel than with gas,
there are millions of gas appliances in use and far fewer solid fuel appliances, look on the above list at the fuel type and you'll see how many solid fuel fatalities there has been.

Anyway to quote you as "couple of C02 detectors" you'll be fine ! DONT THINK SO !!!!

The problem occurs when something goes wrong, you don't think insurance companies will dig deep ????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back