COOKER AND HOB INSTALL help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wondering if any of you kind gents could give me some advice.

I am about to buy a belling hob and double oven to fit myself . The manual for the hob states must be installed using a suitable double pole control unit,with 3mm minimum contact separation at all poles. It does not say what the min or max fuse protection should be . The only other info is the technical data which says -supply 220-240 50Hz 4.85kw- 6.20kw does this mean max load is 6.20kw ?

The oven says - The appliance must be installed
by a competent electrician using a
double pole control unit of
32 ampere minimum capacity,
with 3mm minimum contact
separation at all poles.

The technical info is - Electrical supply
220 - 240V ~ 50Hz
Load (Wattage)
4120W - 4900W

My consumer unit for the cooker is rated at 40a

What would you suggest for the best way to install these ?the hob + oven are less than 2m from cooker switch and it does not have a socket incorporated

Would it be possible to connect both these appliances together using the click 45a dual outlet plate for easier installation?

Sponsored Links
The appliance must be installed by a competent electrician
It states that because the existing circuit should be properly tested to ensure it is safe.

Would it be possible to connect both these appliances together using the click 45a dual outlet plate for easier installation?
Yes.

As you have a 40A fuse/mcb, 6mm² (heatproof) flexible cable should be used to connect both oven and hob to the dual outlet.

Were it a 30A fuse/32A mcb, then 4mm² cable would suffice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Was i correct with - 4.85kw- 6.20kw does this mean max load is 6.20kw ?

Also is it the same here - 4120W - 4900W these figures just mean minimum and max draw ?

One more question ,would it be ok to use 6mm T & E as long as they do not come in to contact with any hot parts.

Thanks guys. Was i correct with - 4.85kw- 6.20kw does this mean max load is 6.20kw ?
They don't match exactly but are the values at 220V and 240V.
Should the voltage rise above 240 the wattage will be higher.

For calculations 230V should be used.

Also is it the same here - 4120W - 4900W these figures just mean minimum and max draw ?
As above.

One more question ,would it be ok to use 6mm T & E as long as they do not come in to contact with any hot parts.
Everybody does but can't advise that.

Thanks for clarifying that for me just wondered what they meant.

Will use 6mm t&e but that's my decision.

Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back