oven installation, "All Pole Connection Unit???"

I did think of that but wouldn't I have to pull the plug out after each time that I used it, possibly a bit tricky but more likely I'd forget to do it, out of sight out of mind. Do I have pull the plug out? If I only swith it off then the plug is only acting as a 2pole disconnect switch. :?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
savemoney said:
.......Just wondering does anyone know if you can get a 3 pole disconnect switch rated more than 10A???

You do not need a 3-pole switch.

You must not use a 3-pole switch.

The installation instruction you quoted does not say a 3-pole switch, it says an "all-pole" switch.

They do not mean a 3-pole switch, they mean a 2-pole, Live and Neutral.

e.g. this

MKK5403.jpg

Other makes are available.

Or you could take the conventional approach and use something like this:

BG971.jpg

is the use of the above unit (cooker/socket combined) still premitted in the UK? They are not in ireland due to the fact that the socket should be RCD protected.

Br As far as I know, they are.

The regs say something like all sock outlets likely to supply equipment for use outdoors.

I spose u could argue that the outlet on a CCU is not intended for equipment outdoors, but there's always a chance, I suppose!

Sponsored Links
I would say any socket in the house has the likelyhood of being used.....

In ireland we are guided by ETCI regs. They are basically the same as the iee regs but with extra 'bits' added. Some of it being very complicated and difficult to achieve. The result being that very few new houses (that I have seen) would be fully up to standard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back