Cooker Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved the cooker out today to clean behind it (and retrieve all the cats toys which had gathered behind it).

Had to disconnect the hose from the self-sealing coupling and dropped it on the floor getting it covered in dust ... Aaaargh.

Cleaned it prior to re-connecting but I noticed that it had been lubricated with some kind of grease (dust sticks to it a treat :LOL: ).

I would like to re-grease it as it is obviously there for a reason ... What type of grease should I buy?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it's there to make it easier to plug in it's a secret formula developed by gas fitter's over the year's

on the other hand a smear of vaseline will suffice (ohhhh errr madam) ;)

Thanks Kev, I'll go and mug me old Dad as he probably uses it on his hair :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Strictly speaking it should be silicone grease.
Vaseline aka petroleum jelly is made from a fraction of mineral oil as is the neoprene ring you have in there so it can degrade the seal.
If you want to cheat try lard, margerine or vegetable oil unless of course someone else knows a reason why you cant cheat!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back