Coolant Temperature Sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Forum

Car:

Peugeot 206 LX Auto (With A/C)
Engine: YU3JP (KFW)

I am changing the engine CTS on the above. There are two temperature sensors, one on top of the coolant housing and one on the side. The one on top is blue and has three terminals, the one on the side has 2 terminals. Which one is used by the ECU for fuelling etc?

Many thanks

Peter

Sponsored Links
at a guess id say the 3 terminal. you wont need to know this though if you go to a main dealer (best to get ecu related sensors from the dealer or gsf car parts)

I agree - get the part from a dealer to be on the safe side (come adrift with after market sensors before).
Then its obvious which one it will be! 3 wire one, I'd guess.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I have replaced the sensor and have completed some measurements on the old sensor.

The 3-pin sensor seems to have two NTC thermistors inside. The first (pins 1&2) has a resistance of 5.8k at room temperature and 550R in hot water (95+). The second (pins 3&Case) has a resistance of 2.5k at room temperature and 300R in hot water.

I assume one is for the Fuelling and the other operates the A/C and fan but shouldn't these values be the same for both? Very odd to have difference spec thermistors in the same unit?

Thoughts please?

Peter

Back